Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warez Monster said:
Office 2007 Also Has Kill Switch
Apparently Microsoft is putting the same kind of “kill switch” into Office 2007 that is reportedly being used by Vista. The kill switch limits the program’s functionality once activation has been bypassed a certain number of times.

But now Microsoft’s intentions are clear: Just as it is doing with Vista, Microsoft plans to incorporate what basically amounts to a “kill switch” into Office 2007. Office 2007 users who can’t or won’t pass activation muster within a set time period will be moved into “reduced-functionality mode,” according to Microsoft’s Knowledge Base article.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/index.php?p=111

if less people can pirate it, does that mean Microsoft can lower the price?

£370 to buy Ultimate! Thats totally stupid i think. How much money they must be making back from selling that is crazy. I cant see many people shedding out £370 to buy an O/S that doesnt do much more than what XP already does and to have a new interface which people can put onto XP anyway.

To put the new interface on XP? Sorry but windowsblinds does a good job but it isnt like Aero. Not at all. Windowsblinds allows you to get transparency. But Glass (Aero) allows for blurry effects and the likes. Which can NOT be duplicated in XP with no amount of software. Sicne Vista uses PNG files for their GFX while XP uses BMP and JPEG. Neither of which can do the Glass.

Yes Vista is quite expensive. I aint aruging that. But it is far more secure with the UAC and the likes. I rather think Vista is nice. I wont shell out $330 or more for it. But i will buy a new system and get a copy of it with it.

Yeah i know you cant get the aero around windows but still the cost of it is a bit extreme. I like it too, i think its much faster than XP and more secure but still with the right software on XP you can get the same security levels.

Mentali$T said:
Yeah i know you cant get the aero around windows but still the cost of it is a bit extreme. I like it too, i think its much faster than XP and more secure but still with the right software on XP you can get the same security levels.

i disagree, if vista closed the kernal, that is always safer than having just a program in place.

"a locked door is always safer than a security guard"

Well Vista does have a closed Kernel now. McAfee and Norton are trying to get them to open it up but so far M$ isnt budging.

The closed Kernel has everything to do with the UAC.

yay, I got an rtm copy

I don't have enough room to backup my files, so I won't even be able to fresh install and I don't do upgrades... so I won't be able to use it for a while :p

if I do find a space solution, I will have to install it with one of my beta keys, but I hope to get a license through my school within the next year...

I can install it on my secondary hd (40gb) but I wouldn't be able to install many apps with so little space...

Juice Daddy said:
I will have to install it with one of my beta keys

When installing it dont put in any cd key if you do not have a proper final serial. If you put ur beta in then you will only have 3 days to activate it and it wont work because of the wrong key. By not putting one in then you get 30 days in which to get one. The "crack" going around where u replace a file and use ur RC2 key will only work untill jan 30 or near then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom