Windows OS and Software Deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJTHETECH

Beta member
I am trying to implement an easier way to deploy Windows XP and various software packages for my company. Other than Group Policy or a RIS Server, does anyone have any suggestion on a good third party solution that can implement OS and software deployement? I would also like a product that can help manage hardware (example: USB Storage and removable media lockdown).

Thanks and I appreciate all suggestions.

The company I word for just switched to SMS, we use it for other reasons, but our Framework team is planning for in the future, to be able to reimage computers using SMS as well as installing applications. It's something you might like to look into.

SMSNomad

You could use Ghost along with Sysprep to quickly deploy a software image to your computers. For deploying software post image, look in to Numara Deploy. It has more features and is way easier to use then GP for pushing out software. It let's you install, update and remove software centrally.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will look into these products and figure out how it can work for our site.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom