Graphics Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, to both of you, the 7600GT is only PCIE, so cuz I have an AGP slot, it doesn't matter. I clicked on the link, and it led to a PCIE version, and previously, I had searched for AGP versions and found nothing. If you did find something that I overlooked, I'd appreciate if you would tell me soon, because I'm going to order 850 Pro soon.

Oh, and Ephexx, pixel pipelines are what determine the fill-rate of a card, and are really important when playing games with power-hungry game engines. Cards have like 12-24 pipelines, and more if you use two cards. There's other factors, but pixel pipelines are a big one in determining fps.
(I'm pretty sure this is right, but I may be mistaken.)

So, you want MORE pixel pipelines correct? I'll look into it more, thanks for the basic understanding.

Ephexx793 said:
So, you want MORE pixel pipelines correct? I'll look into it more, thanks for the basic understanding.

Yea, more is better. But they really increase battery consumption, so good battery-efficient laptop cards usually have less pipelines and compensate with clock speed and stuff I don't know about. But from your thread, "Well, here's my computer..." I assume that you are getting a desktop and so I doubt you care about power consumption.

And maroon1, if the 7600GT is equal to the X850 XT, then the X850 Pro would beat the 7600GT because the X850 Pro outperforms the X850 XT. I think that's right. (Or did I get it mixed up?)

maroon1 said:
No X850por is slower than X850xt

X850pro has 12 pixel pipelines
X850xt has 16 pixel pipelines

X850 pro has a smaller price, and 12 + 4 "unlockable pipelines." Other than that, they have the same specs.

And, besides, no X850 XT's are available in AGP for anything near the Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom