External Hard Drive... getting one next week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdar

Daemon Poster
Case...

Most likely this one..

AMS VENUS DS-2316B2BK Aluminum 3.5" USB2.0 Black External
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817145656

Help me decide with hard-drive.. I will probably want some think like 250GB... for 70-80$

For this case IDE works.. (But will it make a difference for external drive if it is IDE or Sata?)

About IDE... Is there much difference between ATA100 and ATA133?

yep the one ste reccomended was pretty good. unless you can find a 300gb for 70-80 bucks. because i got my 300gb hdd for 70 after mail in rebate.

Oh.. Also.
I have question about External HardDrives..

Will it be "ok" to play music from External HardDrive? (USB or Firewire)

I don't see why not. I have alot of my Movies and TV shows on my Drive. Since the HD with my OS is too small. I play Movies and Shows off my external all the time. Music should be no different.

Ok. Cool. thks.
Then I will probably will move some of my music and movies to my new HD. (which I will get tomorrow :) ).

Also. Question about Linux.
I have Linux on my other internal Hard Drive. And I have Windows on other internal Hard Drive.

So... will I able to get some files from Windows HardDrive and easily use them in Linux.

Just like JumpDrive.. Where both Windws and Linux can open and read it.

Kdar said:
Also. Question about Linux.
I have Linux on my other internal Hard Drive. And I have Windows on other internal Hard Drive.

So... will I able to get some files from Windows HardDrive and easily use them in Linux.

Just like JumpDrive.. Where both Windws and Linux can open and read it.
Yep. If you want to do this I recommend you format it in FAT. You can get NTFS to work under Linux, but FAT requires no set up.

EDIT: It's not showing up yet because it's not formatted. Go in to the 'disc management' or whatever and do it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom