Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

T88SupraStyle

In Runtime
Hello all, i was just wondering what exactly is Windows Vista... Is it an upgrade or is it something like Linux. I keep reading about windows vista but it never crossed my mind on what it is. Is it a lot different then windows XP? Or is it much more advance?

What are the Pro's & Con's on this? Also i hear about Direct X 10. Is it true or is it a myth? Please let me know.

this post should be under windows topics.

vista is the next windows xp to put it simply. but vista has been built from the ground up so that it is supposed to be faster and more secure than any other windows. although that is yet to be proven since we only have the beta of the ultimate version available. its a brand new operating system. also a big step with gaming because of directx 10. it should be a pretty good OS but only time will tell.

windows vista is the new operating system. the diffrence from XP is that it is alot more secure and over all smoother interface to work with.

vista has dx10, and was built from the ground up and will be more secure, more friendlire user interface, and has that aero and flip 3d, however to use all of vistas features you will require at least 256mb graphics card, also it is supposed to be able to boot faster with the new hybrid drives coming out. ive teseted the final on a diff comp and it is still kinda buggy since the drivers suck right now

TheEnd187 said:
you will require at least 256mb graphics card

where do people get this info??

if it's on the site I haven't seen it yet o_O

vista ran fine on my 128mb 6600gt 640mb ram and 2400+ (aero worked perfectly)

I believe my user rating was 3.4 or something...

I now have 1.5gb ram, so I imagine it will run better yet (just need to get a newer copy :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom