cd rom drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
every now and then no matter what i do play games, surf the net, ect.

My cd rom drive says it sees a disk and theres nothing in it.

I think its reading invisible discs. No files come up though.

Woa, a haunted computer, sweet. Do you have something like Daemon tools which you put image files onto to treat as a cd drive?

no nothing like that. just got nero and thats all. I don't use nero on with that drive cause it doesn't work to copy files.

i probably do, but i need to ask one question first. what happens when you put a disk in? can you open and browse it? also what type of drive is it? (eg: slot or tray......dvd/cd/cdrw/dvdrw)

and if you cant browse it when nothing is in it, the drive is trash(unless you have some other creative use for it)

I copied some files and i can browse the disk i put in it and i can download games with it.

Its a cd rw drive. I only use it so i don't wear out my dvd rw combo drive as fast.

Hope that helps.

I think its my power supply. My hard drive acts weird but when i turn off the computer and jiggle the wire to the hard drive then its fine for a couple days.

The power supply is brand new tool. I just don't get that.

ut oh now my computer won't read the cd rom drive just like every other time i turn my computer on it reads it.

I think its the power supply though cause the cd rom drive works fine when it gets read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom