Memory Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I get this message when i log on to WoW.

the instruction at "0x2424171b" referenced memory at "0x0d7b0438". the memory could not "read"

I have 2 gigs of ram. One of them was a cheap ($40) Samsung. The other a good ULTRA. I ran memtest with jsut the cheap stick and it had over 80 errors withing minutes. I tried running the game with just the good stick in and the same thing happens. I would really like to correct this issue, but do not know how. Please assist, thanks.

Probably need to replace the memory.
But try this first.
Reinstall game
Update to latest GPU Driver, Drirect X, Game Patch.

Go through warezs Spyware/virus removal Guide.

I have done all of that. I tried jsut using the ram i know is good, and i get the same message.

Did you run Memtest on the "Good" RAM Also?

You can't tell me its good if you haven't got Memtest results for me. 6 Hours, Minimum. Im not joking.
I had just 2 memory errors on a stick once, it was enough to cause errors.

I can get memetest to work. It says press start testing, and then it gives me some message about running two of them so i try and it doesnt work!

i got memetest working. I can only do 1024MG at a time... it said i can run tewo, but that didnt work. so far i have 0 errors. I think it is testing the first slot (good ram i sin that one) the "Bad" stick is in the second slot. I am going to take out one of the sticks and run it on each.

Mmm, thats odd, but Ok. I never got any message Like that.
Remember even 1 or 2 memory errors can create problems when doing anything. It did for me, once I replaced my RAM the problem went away. ( I only had 2 errors over 8 hours)

And Like I said, unfortunatly memtest86 and any other program cannot fix memory errors the only thing it will do is let you know if "it" needs to be replaced. Also remember that the longer you run memtest86 the better. Minimum is 6 hours. So have patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom