Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

relentlessfight

Solid State Member
Alright, Im looking to do an overclock on my PC. I have suffiencet cooling for the task i'm about to attempt.

My system is Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe with AMD Athlon XP 2400+ and 1.5gb ram (3x512). I've read the tutorials about overclocking on here and on numerous other websites but I'm still very confused as to what to do... I dont want to mess anything up when I do this so I'm asking for any help!!

Thanks,
Nick

You need to give more specs on your ram too. Ram plays a major role in OCing. As for the cpu, you might be able to squeeze another 100-200mhz out of it.

Just go into your BIOS and find the menu that has clocks and frequencies or cpu frequencies or something along that. Under FSB or Front Side Bus there will be a smaller frequency around 133MHz (i think thats what xp 2400 run at) raise that only 2MHz at a time, even 1 to be safe. Keep doing this until your temps start getting too high. But we need the ram specs too. Value ram wont give you much room to OC.

There is also Kangaroo's guide to OverClocking on this forum if you haven't read through it:

Overclocking Guide

Can you be more specific about what you're not sure about ? Do you want a step by step procedure ?

I think I know basically what to do....
Increase the FSB a little bit, and increase the voltage. Is there anything else?

I'm just really being cautious...i watched a buddy of mine with the same board OC his processor and what happened was he booted and got the famous black screen and couldn't reset his CMOS and ended up having to buy a whole new board...not cool. I just dont want that to happen to me haha.

But yea man maybe a step by step would be useful!

------------------------EDIT--------------------------------

Ok I tried that and the CPU ext frequency has a choice of 133mhz, 166mhz, or 200mhz. At 166mhz the system did not boot. There is an option for a cpu multiplie setting and the default one was 7.0x/15.0x (not to sure what that means). As far as memory, there was an AUTO option or By SPD option....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom