WindowsSecurityUpdate.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

cway

Baseband Member
Can someone please tell me why all of a suuden a WindowsSecurityUpdate.exe window comes up at startup?
(see attached screenshot)

Attachments

• windowssecurityupdate.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 27
I need to mark this Post as SOLVED...but not sure how to.
I was reading some other Posts on Spyware...and came across a suggestion on running AVG Anti-Spyware(Full - trial version). I installed it and ran it...and it detected: TROJAN.AGENT.ABN and a Medium level Cookie that had a name similar to the pop-ups i was getting. The Trojan was successfully Quarantined and the cookie deleted. I no longer get that WindowsSecurityUpdate.exe window at startup and no more pop-ups.
But what puzzles me is...how come my TrendMicro PC-cillin Internet Security 2006(virus & spyware scans)...my fully Paid version of Spy Sweeper (scans)...Ad-Aware SE Personal (scans)...or Spybot S&D (scans) detected NOTHING!!
Frustrating!!!
Anyway...thanks for the replies!!!

cway said:
I was reading some other Posts on Spyware...and came across a suggestion on running AVG Anti-Spyware(Full - trial version). I installed it and ran it...and it detected: TROJAN.AGENT.ABN and a Medium level Cookie that had a name similar to the pop-ups i was getting. The Trojan was successfully Quarantined and the cookie deleted. I no longer get that WindowsSecurityUpdate.exe window at startup and no more pop-ups.
But what puzzles me is...how come my TrendMicro PC-cillin Internet Security 2006(virus & spyware scans)...my fully Paid version of Spy Sweeper (scans)...Ad-Aware SE Personal (scans)...or Spybot S&D (scans) detected NOTHING!!
Frustrating!!!

You could edit your top post, and in the "Post Subject" part change the title of the thread to SOLVED or something like that, but no one here does that so you don't really need to do that.

cway said:
Frustrating!!!

because they dont have definitions or updated definitions for that particular spyware, thats why it is good to run more than 1 spyware program, thatd why I also have several in my guide because they all dont catch everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom