cannot install anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitfire7skater

Solid State Member
i have windows xp pro and i can't download stuff anymore. the last couple programs i tried to download gave me some error. does anyone know how to fix your windows installer or w/e it is i need to fix.

um, need a little detail. what are you downloading? what are you installing?what is the error that you get? where in the installer does it occur at?

k wen i tried to download ,net framework so taht i cud get spherexp i got this error:

Microsoft ,NET Framework Setup failed. If this problem continues, contact Product Support Services.

When i tried to install the trial version of Alcohol 120% i got this error:

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can pccur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact you support personnel for assistance.

But i also just installed a program called Perfect Keylogger n it works fine. I don't know if being a very small file has to do with anything.

please help. thanx.

spitfire7skater said:
k wen i tried to download ,net framework so taht i cud get spherexp i got this error:

Microsoft ,NET Framework Setup failed. If this problem continues, contact Product Support Services.

When i tried to install the trial version of Alcohol 120% i got this error:

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can pccur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact you support personnel for assistance.

But i also just installed a program called Perfect Keylogger n it works fine. I don't know if being a very small file has to do with anything.

please help. thanx.

Did you try running system file checker in the cmd prompt? Go to the command prompt and type:
SFC /scannow

The error you recieved is due to the MSIEXEC service not running on your system. Go into services and restart the service Windows installer. This should fix the MSI problem.
Now when you say .Net framework, are you talking about a work type installation or are you setup like that at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom