Gigabyte 965P-DS3 automatic overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPL Tech

In Runtime
I was getting ready to overclock my CPU when I noticed something in the BIOS. My Gigabyte has a feature called CIA2 or CPU Intelligent Accelerator 2. In the manual it says there are 5 different levels. It also says what each level does. IT says:

Level 1: Automatically increase CPU frequency 5%,7% by CPU loading.

as you move up to each level the frequency increases untill you get to level 5 where it say "Automatically increase CPU frequency 17%,19% by CPU loading".

Well what is this feature? Is it an automatic overclock? If so does it adjust the vcore and all that to keep your system stable? Does it overclock the RAM and GPU too? Anyone know?

I wouldn't use any of that crap. I would just overclock like overclocking was meant to be done. Do it yourself in BIOS! :) You will get your best results that way, and if your system is stable you wont get those blue screens like a lot fo those automatic overclockers will.

lancec2c30 said:
I wouldn't use any of that crap. I would just overclock like overclocking was meant to be done. Do it yourself in BIOS! :) You will get your best results that way, and if your system is stable you wont get those blue screens like a lot fo those automatic overclockers will.

QFT x 1,000,000,000,000.

Isn't this the feature that changes the CPU load according to how much it has to do?

such as if you open CPU-Z and watch your GHz it`ll go from 1.6 to 2.4 etc when its under load or on full load, Its just a power saving utility I think.

well i didn't go with it cuz it only OC's like 20% and i've got my E6400 @3.4Ghz so that's A LOT bigger of an OC.

also i didn't find the auto-oc to be very reliable. sure it's easier but there's almost no way it'll be as stable as a manual overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom