First Computer I built, is it good enough???

Status
Not open for further replies.

papiracer

Beta member
This is my first PC ever built, got most of the stuff from newegg, is it good??
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ 2.40 GHz Socket 939
2 GB RAM DDR 400 Kingston HYPER X
ABIT AT8 32X
NZXT NEMESIS ELITE CASE
320 GB WD Hard Drive
LITE-ON 16X DVD±R DVD Burner W/ LightScribe and 5X DVD-RAM
Logitech MX3000 Wireless mouse, keyboard
20" Acer flat LCD
Creative INSPIRE P5800 5.1 surround sound
ATI 512 Redeon X1900XTX Crossfire
ASPIRE 680 Watt power
Gigabit G-power Pro CPU cooler
Onboard sound card because sound card won't fit
LINKSYS WMP54G PCI Wireless-G Adapter:confused:

That setup is a real beast. I cannot see you having a problem with any game. Enjoy your new powerhouse.

Do me a favor. I want to see if Aspire Power supplies are any good. Buy yourself a Digital Multimeter. Than Get a program like OCCT or Prime 95, or Aquamark 3D and Write down the rails under load.
Post results, you can also use OCCTs test Option they will have graphs.

Check Amperage and Voltage Rails, if it checks out under load then I can add that PSU to the Reccomended List.

Your basically a test Subject. :D

You tell us. Is it good enough for you? If it is, then yeah, it's good enough. If its not, then yeah, it's still good enough.

:classic:

Ste said:
I want to see if Aspire Power supplies are any good.

They're enormous pieces of crap, duh! :p

Yea right. Real Data is what I want.
Right now they aren't getting the "A ok" From people I know, Forums and reviews.

If his data confirms then we can change the Guide.

I don't know what your trying to say, buy for now aspire will not be on teh list. Credit is given were it is deserved.

Interesting, what forums do you visit? Because they seem to be the laughingstock of [H]ardForums' PSU subforum.

P.S. - We have a Guide? :p

Every Site is different.

Overclockersclub
techforums
overclockers.com
techexams (Not Specifically hardware related)
bitsoup (Not Specifically hardware related)

If you can prove to me, with real data results that a given psu is good quality, then I will not deny it. Yes this requires buying of the PSU and lengthy testing. Hardware is ever changing so if you here about a power supply that should be there. Post a link to the Review/testing.
And I will have trotter edit the Guide.

If you go to enough Computer forums, eventually every brand will be considered "good".

[H]ardForums is one of the most respected and well-known forums on the web. :) There are people there who have conversations about computers that are so advanced that no one on this forum could even dream of understanding what they're talking about. I know, I'm in that situation quite a bit. I think it's a safe bet to trust them. :) I consider them to be the MIT of online Forums. You may think you're the sh!t on your forum, but then you go there, and you realize that you're the lowest of the low compared to the computer prowess that is [H]. That all assumes that you exclude the kiddies in the videocard subforum. :p

And I don't really see what a forum thinking a PSU is good has to do with it actually being good. Example: [H]ardForums thinks that Aspire PSUs aren't to be touched with a 10-foot PSU cable. WeAreTehAspireFanboyz Forums thinks that Aspire PSUs are the greatest thing since the invention of Aspire Cases (which are actually pretty good). Only one of them can be right (quality of a PSU is a fact, not an opinion). I think I'll stick with [H]. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom