New Video Card install

Status
Not open for further replies.
mdbman66 said:
Still nothing.

Confused in ILLINOIS

Does this machine have integrated video? If so make sure it is disabled in the bios... You can get to the bios right? If not and you do have integrated video, take the video card out and then see if it will give any display.

I have embedded video and if I could get to the bios set-up I would never know without any video.

mdbman66 said:
I have embedded video and if I could get to the bios set-up I would never know without any video.

If you have another graphics card pluged into your motherboard it is conflicting with the integrated graphics. You must remove the other card before it will let you do anything. Also take the monitors plug out of the add-on card and plug it back into the motherboards itergrated graphics port.

I removed the new card before coming to the forum. I also have the monitor plugged into the original adapter, again prior to coming to the forum. I have tried everything but still no video. Me thinks I should make the tower a boat ancher.:)

mdbman66 said:
I removed the new card before coming to the forum. I also have the monitor plugged into the original adapter, again prior to coming to the forum. I have tried everything but still no video. Me thinks I should make the tower a boat ancher.:)

Have you tested all the system connections? Do this, unplug all the power cables and or drive cables and reconnect them. Also make sure the main power line is well seated to the system board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom