Motherboard for Intel Core 2 Duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzy

Beta member
Right now I am thinking of purchasing the Core 2 Duo E6400 and I am looking for a reasonably priced motherboard for this chip. Now since I already have two good harddrives (160GB and 80GB) on IDE connectors, I will need to find a motherboard with those connections (also for my cd-rom drives) and an AGP 8x slot for my video card. I was doing same research and I came upon this mother board ASRock 775Dual-VSTA Socket 775 . It has what I'm looking for, but is this a good motherboard. If not what do you recommend?

Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah, it supports everything but Core 2 Duo...

Intel Conroe/Pentium D/Pentium 4/Celeron/Prescott Socket LGA775 Motherboard

Here is a great motherboard someone showed to me in my own thread about building a computer, it has 3 PCI-E slots, and 1 PCI slot. You would have to change the video card to a PCI-E slot card. http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813131070

Also, can you tell us what video card you are planning on getting??

Ephexx793 said:
Also, can you tell us what video card you are planning on getting??

Well, I'm planning on using my video card that I already have to reduce costs and it gets the job done. Plus i like the one I have now. Also, I was doing some research and I hear that ASRock motherboards are not that great just because they use cheap parts which lead to performance failures. At that point I thought i wasn't going to find a similar board until I stumbled upon this board Asus P5PE-VM Socket-775 which seems like it's very similar to the ASRock board and it has what i need.

Hehehehe, sorry KBlair, my mistake :p

that motherboard isn't great, but not bad either. It's average, I guess you could say.

Look around www.newegg.com, there are a lot of boards there, the site is hugely known, and people give reviews so you know what to expect from the board. They also have great prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom