I think I screwed myself on this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok I have had a 7900 GS with a VF900 on it for a couple of months now and finally wanted to volt mod it. I had been looking around for volt modding guides and find some for the 7900 GS but none that match my EVGA one. Then i read the EVGA 7900 GT and the 7900 GS have the same boards and both can be volt modded the same way. So I go on our site and use the 7900 GT volt mod guide and everything lines up and I do the lowest volt mod option with a conductive pen. So I do the green line volt mod and let it sit for 10 minutes to dry just to be safe. I then put it in the computer and try to boot. As its booting there a flashes every once in a while and while the windows is loading with the bar when it goes to get into windows and the lights flash on the keyboard, the blue screen of death saying something flashes for a fraction of a second and then it starts all over. What went wrong?!?!?!?

Ok this may have turned from one of the most depressing topics to a freakin sweet topic. Everything is good now, got the core from 450 to 690 with the 1.55v mod. I figure when I get better cooling I will go to 1.65v mod. The stock voltage memory I got up to 1660. Not bad, spec wise its way faster than a 7800 gtx 512mb except for the vram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom