Windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gloomer

In Runtime
Just a question and be honest. I'm not a cop ha.

Do you guys really buy your Windows XP Legitemately?

I'm just getting into building computers and such and wondered what everyone usually does.

It is a killer though since everything goes down in price EXCEPT windows Xp.

Heck I could say I'll trade you this 320 gig drive for the copy of windows xp :p

It's true though.

I'm just wondering what the general public uses.

Do you use OEM? Pro? Lite?

Just wondering.

Well, i used a corporate copy of XP (pro) given to me by a friend, until my dumbass did the auto update and got the Genuine or w/e update that detects. So i ended up just reformatting my computer to my Home edition again that came with my computer. I'll just wait until Vista i suppose...

If you do go corporate or whatnot, avoid downloading the Genuine Advantage update...

Well I'm not talking about 3rd party OS

I'm mostly going to market to the stupid people who want Windows XP and are close minded to anything else.

Also they of course want MS office. I won't buy that though. I'll give them open office.

Yes I buy mine and I do build computers. www.Computer-Place.com Full versions cost me under 90 for Home and under 150 for Pro.

However I am obligated to charge what MS says to! Fines are steep and they do check small businesses out!

If you are serious about getting into the business then drop a line if you have questions.

Tex@Computer-Place.com

What i do everytime i get a new computer and what not is, i call microsoft and explain to them i had to refurbish my computer and i need a new code for the same computer, they fall for it everytime.

tbsk8er04 said:
What i do everytime i get a new computer and what not is, i call microsoft and explain to them i had to refurbish my computer and i need a new code for the same computer, they fall for it everytime.

I believe, according to their ToS, that's actually the "correct" thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom