Power Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
TriEclipse said:

How are we supposed to answer something that you haven't asked? I don't see a post by you anywhere else in this thread asking that question. Don't talk about stroking e-peens while acting like that yourself.

And I've answered every single question posted in this thread, even those by Keyser. You have a question? Ask. I'll answer.
i apologise, i should have specified that no one had answered my question in my thread about whether now is a bad time to upgrade or is the upcoming stuff hype. also i wassnt refurring to just you but people in general in these forums....you just seemed to take offence to my post for some reason.

arbol99 said:
i apologise, i should have specified that no one had answered my question in my thread about whether now is a bad time to upgrade or is the upcoming stuff hype. also i wassnt refurring to just you but people in general in these forums....you just seemed to take offence to my post for some reason.

My apologies also then, seemed like everyone was playing "Bash the Eclipse" for a while there. I'll try to address your thread.

Tri, i think this is some great info you have provided here.

Keep up the good work, its seems as though you have done your research on this subject.

The power supply was a component that I was very leary of when building my pc. I knew it should be a good brand, I just was not sure how much power was needed.

I mainly went for the OCZ 700 watt gameXstream because I knew that it would handle any video card combo that i may want to throw at it. I liked all the 12V rails it had, and it meet system specs at nvidia.com for power supplies that you could run high end sli and high end crossfire systems on. Also will handle medium range quad sli......like I would ever need that.

Thanks for providing this info on power supplies, and I hope people have a better knowledge of watt power supply they need to run their system know.

Oh well. We never had to build $1000+ computers either, did we... XD Everything we do on this forum is a want, not a need.

RalliArt882 said:
Oh well. We never had to build $1000+ computers either, did we... XD Everything we do on this forum is a want, not a need.

Yes we did. Spending more on our computers gives us better performance. Spending more on Power Supplies does not. You see no difference going from a $40 400W Forton to a $135 700W OCZ. You do see a difference going from a $130 7600GT to a $260 7950GT.

Just don't do the same thing again, eh?

You don't really understand my point. We spend alot on PCs because we want better performance, not need. It's the same reason you buy a Porsche. You want it, you don't need it. The only reason you spend that kind of money on something you need is if you do professional work which you get paid for.

MOST of us, when we buy a part, we go "woot i can't wait to get it", not "omg i need this now so i don't get fired because i couldn't finish a project"

I understand your point perfectly. Its just a very weak argument you're putting up. Its clear to anyone reading this thread that you've gone into defensive mode to try and justify the wastage of $100.

First of all, stop saying "we." You hardly speak for everyone on the forum. Lets see how confident you are about your argument when you're the only one putting it up.

Yes, you may want better performance. And you may have thought that you were getting better performance when you bought the GameXStream. I'm haven't said anything about when you guys bought your Power Supplies; that was in the past, nothing to be done about that. The purpose of this thread is to keep people from wasting money on PSUs after this point.

But it seems like you would do the whole thing over again. So back to your argument; Yes, you may want better performance. But now I'm telling you that you are not going to get better performance. Which means you're spending $100 or more for a pretty black case for your Power Supply, which is no more functional that any other you could've bought.

Am I being unpleasant? Well you're fail to see my point over and over, you don't exactly expect me to be thrilled do you?

just thought id let you know that tiger direct has the ocz 700w for 79.99 after rebate...i think thats what im gonna go for.

I highly praise that PSU.

I just bought one and it is EXCELLENT. The voltages are rock solid.

I needed it because I will be powering 5 hard drives, and a Geforce 8 Card soon. Add a dual core CPU and, 2 RW drives and it's time to kiss my antec truepower 550 2.0 goodbye.

The cables are VERY long so It might be hard for wire management in a mid tower. Still an excellent PSU. If you dont want the LED, you can go with the FPS forton, as it is the SAME exact PSU, just without the LED and OCZ Name.

newegg is great with selection but im surpriced no one compares tigerdirect....ive found some good deals every now and then and you get emails of free memory and routers all the time if you buy something from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom