Wire Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea that worked great! im about to install the cables and wrap my psu wires with this yellow tape i found

EDIT: k, did the rounding, but dont realy wanna waste too much space on here showin u guys, so heres some thumbnails:

first i started off and just rounded off the ide cable:

but i was looking at it, and it still wasnt good enough

so i rounded the FDD cable too.

it was starting to look better, but then i seen the power cables...

took about 1 hour, and looks alot better than it did when i started. might get some red or black tape for the psu cables instead tho

Crisply folded ribbon cables also can look nice, and doesnt interfere with overall airflow either. I've seen some very nicely folded cables. Biggest issue is to think and plan with the placement. With ide and floppy ribbon cables running together, you can crease them into 2- 45 degree bends at each drive. If you are real good with the layout, it looks very professional, allows easy board and drive access. Self rounded cables do run the risk of damage: I've always just purchased the rounded ones for just 2 or $3 each.

102_0911.jpg

102_0934.jpg

102_0905.jpg

102_0937.jpg

102_0940.jpg

102_0947.jpg

hurray!!!

wow i have to say ive never seen a pc as clean as the inside of yours cod2 looks great.
i would post my pc but i dont really have a case yet... its just an old matx case that i cut about 15cm of the front to make smaller, it has allot of problems such as: some cables are way too long, some cables way too short, no room for optical drive, collects dust faster than our old vacume cleaner (literally it does), no power switch, no front...

i think ill post after ive got a new case

The General said:
Hey, nice motherboard man! :p

Family Guy FTW

haha, yes it is a nice motherboard!!! lol... but i liked that the MSI 975x i had was black.. looked real sexy like, would have worked well with the black xfx 7900gt's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom