Buying 20+ Ultimate Gaming Computers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm sure we're as great as you say we are, still check out Anandtech Forums. There, you'll find more people like Dexaroni who know what they're talking about in these matters. They require you to have a non-generic e-mail account (no Yahoo, Hotmail, etc), but it's worth it because there are a lot of older people and industry veterans there. It wouldn't take too long, but it should be really helpful in filling in any [unforeseen] holes.

Hey! Only Tech-Forums praise and speak are allowed here! :p

But in all seriousness AnandTech is awesome. Only problem is that Anand Lal Shimpi himself doesn't answer all of the questions lol

Heh. Well I gotta go and I wont be on until tomorrow . Cya people later thanks for all the help

alright good luck with that. i'm going to bed now too... 3am here... whew. havent been up this late in a looong while. probably tty tomorrow. later

Answering you question about multiplayer games, to start out, there are only a few I would suggest you getting.

Counterstrike Source
Half Life 2 Deathmatch
Counterstrike 1.6
Day of Defeat Source
Unreal Tournament 2k4
Call of Duty 2
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War
Company of Heroes

I think those should keep people stuck to your cafe, and none of those require particularly demanding computers at medium to low settings.

And have some non computer attractions to rest peoples eyes, such as Air Hockey, Foosball, and PingPong. This way, it will be known as a place where kids can come and hang out after school, although I do not know if that is the reputation you really want.

There are a lot more suggestions, but here are the first few that I am going to lay down as groundwork that ANY cyber cafe needs.

20 computers, medium specs. I would suggest Athlon 64 3200 processors, Nvidia 6600GT vid cards, 1gb of ram, and everything else as cheap as you can be. No speakers needed, just have a headset next to each computer.

Wifi for laptops and portable devices, fast hard connections for desktops.

I hope that I helped, and if you need any more advice, IM me on AIM at dexcarm89, and I can help you out there. I guess I just have a good mind for business, and I am your target demographic, so I figure I can help.

Dex
Attractions besides

I just have a little dispute with your hardware specs, lol. I have a system (alternate) with the EXACT same specs that you outlined above for a "medium" specs computer. I still game on it from time to time, and I have to say, its not exactly a pleasant experience. A 6600GT was mid-range over a year ago, now its more of a low-end card. If he can afford it, he should get something a bit beefier. Since its probably a better idea to get a lot of prebuilts and not have to build 20+ computers himself, the specs would vary from retailer to retailer. But it should still be more than a 6600GT (processor isn't extremely important in gaming).

My friend uses a 6600GT, and he can run most games just fine at medium settings, especially all the ones I listed. I figure that he will not be able to run newer games, but for a cyber cafe, he doesn't really need to.

Yeah, I can run some of the newer games (BF2142) at Med settings, but anything newer has to go to 1024x768 and Med-Low settings.

No one really wants to play that on a LAN cafe, IMO. I wouldn't.

Really? I would not have a problem with the games at low settings, but I could see how some people would.

Keep in mind that up to 3 days ago I was playing CSS with onboard graphics, so I got used to low settings real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom