windows wont boot from cd(post moved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkitty

In Runtime
so my friend brought his PC over...windows blue screened and resets its self before it gets half way loaded.

This is setup

Asus Crosshair MB
AMD 64 Dual Core 4600+
2GB Corsair Pro Series DDR2 PC6400
Geforce 7950GT
(2) WD 250gb drives
(1) WD 80gb drive

This MB only has one IDE connector. So he bought a PCI IDE card. I have the 80gb and the 2 dvd's plugged into this card. All are recognized in bios. The 2 250gb's are plugged into onboard IDE connector. All drives are recognized as they should be. Only problem is when i try booting from my windows disc, it gives me this

"Boot disc failure-insert system disc" i have 2 copies of windows XP pro, thta i've used alot and discs are NOT scratched,as i can load it up on my system. no matter how i connect drives, either master/slave or CS..or alone every combo i can think of...i cannot get windows to boot from disc. Also there is no 3.5 floppy in this tower.

the first thing i ALWAYS do when booting new windows is to make sure cdrom is listed first in boot order.nothing that i havent done a hundred times,but I even put my dvd-rw that i KNOW WORKS...into the tower and still doesnt boot..just in case it was ther dvd-roms. I've clear cmos and re set evrything and still nothing. could board be bad?? its brand new

maybe the cards IDE connector has a problem? bent pin? or just a bad connection. possibly a faulty cable too. almost definitely a hardware problem

well i replaced with the new cables that came with board..and nothing...the pins on HD's arent bent and the drives work in my PC fine

This whole thing is weird...cause even hooking the CD-roms up to the IDE PCI adapter (MB only has 1 IDE,8sata) the cd-roms still wont read the discs...yet the discs work fine when i boot my PC up with them just to test.

What on the MB would be bad, as to not let CDrom boot?

ok ..i did alittle more research on the board...now the manual for it says recommends MINIMUM 600w PS..with at least 16a to max 19a on 12v2 lead..i have this

http://www.antec.com/specs/TP3_550_spe.html which shows 18a max plus its only 550w. This case has..2 dvd drives, 3 hard drives,cpu fan ,4 120mm fans,1 250mm fan, could it maybe not have enuff power to work properly ? just a though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom