Buying 20+ Ultimate Gaming Computers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
dedb33t said:
Yeah I suppose so. well I can have something like a warning or whatever, Saying that who ever downloads illegal stuff will be kicked out or something like that.. I dunno I'll think about it and come up with something :) Maybe people can pay for a certain amount of bandwidth? Maybe internet use should be different than gaming use? Like customers pay for internet and then they can only use the internet... Pay for games and you can only play the games?

So the gaming computers would be for gaming only, and then a bunch of $300-$500(USD) Dells for the internet users? Sounds sensible, but would still need some restrictions on the Internet ones.

you need restrictions on all the computers, no exceptions. there will always be the user who LOOKS for what you missed when the locking the computers. and he/she will always use that to their advantage

ahahhaha... I used to do that at school! I remember the computers wont allow right clicking. So I would open adobe PDF reader.. You can right click on that.. Go to documents and settings> Right click administrator and go to open.. BAM You have an admin account until you log off (You can go through the whole computer and open up an exe without any restrictions) You can do anything.. Anyway.. I ment people can pay me for Internet or gaming. So if someone pays me for internet their computer gets access to internet only.. someone pays for games, They have access to games only, or you can do both, I will have security programs blocking any exe's (Like torrenting and other stuff like that) ..

Okay, here is my suggestion. It is somewhat vague, but I do not want to be to specific with that kind of dough.

Build 20 computers. Do not try to make them ultimate, rather, make them mid range. It is not like you need all the games to run on the highest settings.

Get a nice shop located in a hip part of the city. No one wants to go to cow country to play some CSS.

Get the fastest internet you can. DO NOT use wifi. Have wifi internet access available there for people on laptops and mobile devices, but use hard connections for the PC's.

Download steam to every computer, then download the source multiplayer pack onto each computer. It is 30 dollars I believe, and has Counterstrike Source, Day of Defeat Source, and Half Life 2 Deathmatch.

I hope that helps.

Dex

Wow thats good! I never thought of that. I can download steam games directly from them :) Saves lots of time! Would I have to purchase it seperately for each computer? I was thinking of making the rooms dim with cool neon's and glowing stuff lol.. I will also put all the map packs etc for CSS (Which I already have on this computer now) ..I'll get all the other games that people play etc. X zone and G force only have like 20-45 Games and only 4 of them need steam.. I dont think they would buy them seperate for each computer would they? only the steam games they probably did. But other games probably used the same CD installation Key..

Man, with that kind of setup, you are going to want to download all of your games through steam. You do not want to walk around dropping disks in every tray, do you?! Oh yeah, and if you used Steam, you would not need any optical drive in any of the computers, which means quieter, cheaper, and easier.

Also, email Steam and see if you can get some kind of deal through bulk, or with advertising their products in your cafe.

Nah, I'm pretty sure you'd have to buy each game separately and you would need a seperate CD key for all of them as well (those would have to be purchased as well). 20-45 games is a lot though, and to have those on like 20 computers could get costly.

To eliminate a stack of CDs next to each computer to play the games, you could make images of the CDs and then store them somewhere safe (write the CD key on a piece of tape on the CDs or something so you know which CD uses which key).

Hmm thanks :)

Do you have a list of games run by steam? I cant really check as I have used my download limit .. As i said, Australian ISP's are gay! I pay 70 a month for 10GB limit. 8mbps! ...60GB limit is $130 lol (cable internet)

:) Seriously. You guys are so helpful :) Thanks alot guys. How many hours have we been on and how many replies so quick :) ..When I get this thing running I'll be sure to take photo's and show you how good it is and what your missing out on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom