My stuff is underclocked? hmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPL Tech

In Runtime
Look here:
untitledbf9.jpg

Its says: Processor frequency 1599.99 Mhz. (initial 2133.33 Mhz)

So does that mean for some reason I am underclocked? What does that mean?

Also it says Multiplier 6x (8x initial)

So does that mean my CUP multiplier is running 2x low?

Also it says my RAM is running at 399 Mhz. Well I have 800 Mhz. RAM with a mobo that supports 800 Mhz. RAM. So is that too underclocked? I am running the ram in a dual channel config.

My system specs are in my signature.

There is nothing wrong with the ram. Since it is ddr, you have to double that number.

As for the Processor, it might be a power saving feature...It will underclock the processor when under light load. But should start up to nornal speeds again under heavier load.

If you want to test it. Run something that will utilize the cpu to 100% and check the software again to see the speed.

There's something in your BIOS that underclocks your CPU when its not doing anything stressful. Its called EIST and it can be disabled (from the BIOS). Its not really doing much harm though since when you DO initiate something stressful, the multiplier rises and its back to it's normal speed.

As for the memory, what is being shown there is the actual speed. DDR means Double Data Rate. Its a technology that lets you send an instruction on the rising edge as well as the falling edge of a clock cycle. So it takes the actual speed (400Mhz) and turns it into an effective speed of 800Mhz (DDR2-800).

loololbassicaly what tri said becuase teh bios is somtimes weird and yeah tht programs isnt good, but 2gbdominator will fix it lolz but it costs $$$$ so ya get teh 4gbdomintor insted

Lord AnthraX said:
loololbassicaly what tri said becuase teh bios is somtimes weird and yeah tht programs isnt good, but 2gbdominator will fix it lolz but it costs $$$$ so ya get teh 4gbdomintor insted

:p x 10.

Lord AnthraX said:
What in god's great land are you talking about?????? lol

Anyway as far as the RAM goes, so both sticks run at an effective speed of 800 MHZ? Or both of them combined?

Each stick runs at an actual speed of 400Mhz. If you took a meter and measured every single clock cycle, you would see 400 Million of them every second. But since there is an instruction riding on both the rising and falling edges of the clock cycle (basically 2 instructions for every 1 clock cycle), the memory does as much work as it would if it was running at 800Mhz with only one instruction per clock.

It sounds confusing, I know. The whole effective thing is just something made by the memory companies as marketing for their products.

It doesn't matter if there are two sticks. More sticks just mean more memory capacity (512MB, 1GB, 2GB, etc) and it has no effect on the speed of the memory.

SPL Tech said:
What in god's great land are you talking about?????? lol

He was doing a parody of someone with bad grammar, a bit of an inside joke.

Just a humble request, but could you remove the picture from your post, or post a thumbnail? Its expanding the thread beyond our monitors.

Don't do anything it's clocked at the right speed. Download and run CPU-Z and it will tell you it's running at 2.13GHz. I had the same problem. It's just that PC Wizard is too old to properly recognize the Core 2 line of CPUs. 2007 version should correct this hopefully.

Lord AnthraX said:

lmao anthrax shut the h3ll up :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom