Interesting Case Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

atpat22

Baseband Member
ok i asked this question to the building high end computers awile ago and never did realy get a strait answer, and thought that you could maby help me out a bit more.

i was at a computer store a few days ago seeing about getting a water cooling kit, but was detered when i saw the 180 price tag. so i thought for a while and thought, why cant you have a beer fridge case, start the computer till it gets warm enough and then turn on the fridge, instant cooling that would could down everything even at extreem overclocking.

My Question is would this work at all

no it would not work cause it would lead to condensation and then it would lead to zap no more comp.

It has been done. And condensation can be dealt with, some use RTVsilicone or polyisocyanurate foam.

That essentially is a phase-change cooling system.

go with water cooling lol. phase changes START at 800. vapochill is a good one if u want ur cpu at about -15C. 180 is a good price if it isnt a prebuilt one.

i would suggest watercooling. because putting the compy in a refrigerator will create condensation.

Maybe a dumb suggestion, but why not put the radiator/cooling device for the water in the refrigerator?

firemandave said:
Maybe a dumb suggestion, but why not put the radiator/cooling device for the water in the refrigerator?

again, the condensation issue... the water will be very cold coming out of the fridge and into the computer. condensation on the tubing and waterblocks. the waterblock sits directly on the cpu and zap! it's done. so u would still have to completely protect it from condensation just as before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom