Strange thing just happened and now I'm stumped

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyray

Solid State Member
Hello all,
I haven't posted in a while cause my computer has been running just great thanks to all
you guys and gals here but I knew it wasn't going to last forever.

I know this computer is a cheap one but it has been good for a long time.

Here's what is happening
when I turn on puter all I get is two screens

I entered the bios to see if maybe I could boot from cdrom and maybe install xp again'
but I can't even do that cause I can't get past these two screens.

I'm attaching the photos here.

Thanks for clicking
Bobby Ray

Attachments

• screen 2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 61
This is the first screen and the second one is above. i can't get past the screen above, I'm forced to shut down when I get to this point.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 56
I disconnected it and used a different drive to see if I get the same message or to boot from a cd but I'm still getting this screen that I can't get past.

Maybe my board is bad

First off i would check all cable connections. If they are all in ok - consider a drive may be bad.

Try this too, unplug all IDE drives, you should then get a different error or message.

Check your power supply. Maybe voltages are causing it to not function properly. Bad power supplies can cause a multitude of different possibilities.

So start at the basics:

-Cables
-Power Supply Unit
-Remove other unnecessary peripherals (sound card, network card, modems, etc)
-Test your RAM (MemTest 86+) or take it out and swap around

Good luck.

Unplug your computer, and remove the battery in your motherboard. Keep it out for about 15 minutes, and then put it back in.

Its hanging on your ACPI controller (from photo) this means your computer is looking for something to boot from but cant find anything. Do you have a OS installed ? If so have you made any changes to the boot.ini file ?

Nikkon,
I have done nothing to boot.ini

is there something I can do from this point.......maybe buying a new
HD.????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom