muting the alarm that goes off on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alarm

Solid State Member
an alarm comes from my computer tower every so often and stops when i shutdown/reset,etc. does anyone know how i can stop it?

temp1:39C
temp2: 59C
HDO: 38C
temp1:65C

fan1:0RPM
fan2:3815RPM.

i was told it might have something to do with the temps

Win9x:NO 64Bit:NO GiveIO:YES SpeedFan:YES
I/O properly initialized
Linked ISA BUS at $0290
Scanning ISA BUS at $0290...
Winbond W83697HF (ID=$60) found on ISA at $290
SuperIO Chip=Winbond W83697HF
SMART Enabled for drive 0
Found ST380011A (80.0GB)
Found ACPI temperature (64.5C)
End of detection

sounds like a temp problem to me. Go into ur BIOS to check ur cpu temp. usually the most reliable source. post it on here. also post ur specs

restart ur computer and keep pressing Delete as soon as it starts up again until it brings u too the setup screen (says Award or AMI BIOS at the top). then go to hardware monitor or something along those lines

you would not want to mute that warning sound. it should be warning you that the temps are too high in your computer.

what can i do to cool my computer? Ive pulled off the sides and front regularly and wiped off dust.

First you will want to make sure that all of your fans are running.

Also make sure that there is adequate airflow around the case.

An alarm is a notification of overheating, and unless you do something, you may cause your computer to get all nice and toasty aka fried.

how do i check the fans are running. Just that air is coming out of them? also how many should there usually be 4?

Just look at the fans and see if they are spinning. If they aren't... they probably aren't running.

But again, check the bios and tell us what kind of temps your processor is reaching.

how do i get out of it once ive got into it? like im worried ill get stuck in BIOS and not be able to use my computer normally. do i just press ctrl alt delete to restart it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom