8800GTS so much cheaper....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdub89

Daemon Poster
Why is it so much cheaper i mean i know its not clocked as high but still thats a big price reduction from the GTX. Will the GTS still run Crysis or any of the dx10 games on high? Also who owns one i would like to know how it runs? Thanks

yes. the dx10 cards r both superpowers. gtx is just for people who want that extra speed. the gts beats it in pretty much everything. plus its dx10 which makes it better anyways :)

Benches are here: GTS vs. GX2

Yes, I'm pretty sure it still outperforms a 7950GT. How much depends on the game. In some games, both a 8800GTX and GTS are faster than SLI'd 7900GTXs, but in other games, the 8800GTS is right alongside the 7900GTX (7950GT) in performance.

8800GTX is a decently stronger card than the 8800GTS. But for $200 less, the 8800GTS is a really good card. Yeah, it supports DX10, so Crysis and everything will run on it, and well.

EDIT: Benchmarks. Flip through the next few pages as well, as the results aren't always as good as in that first chart. I simply linked the first page of like 10 games that were benchmarked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom