New 3DMark 2001 Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
New 3DMark 2001 Record
NordicHardware has news of the most recent 3DMark record with this overclock of a Geforce 8800 GTX core to 997 MHZ. The setup was able to net a whopping 90,274 3DMarks.

Kinc has been very active lately and been working hard in our test lab to push XFX's GeForce 8800 GTX to new heights. The goal is of course to set new world records, but also to warm up before our overclocking at DreamHack. We earlier reported about how Kinc managed to push the card's GPU to over 1GHz and he has now performed some tests at 997MHz and managed to set a world record for single cards with over 90,000 points in 3DMark 2001; 90,274 to be more precise.

http://www.nordichardware.com/news,5153.html

ya no offense but ur best pc is a p2 333mhz. what do u honestly expect?

i didnt realize u could OC those cards that much, the clocks are about a 75% increase! thats a little crazy. i wonder how high u can get on watercooling as im sure those guys r using phase change systems. its so fricken annoying having to wait this long to build my comp when all these parts r sitting beside me. only ram and mobo left...

they are probably planning on coming out w/ a 8800 KO, 8850, 8850 KO, 8900, 8900 KO, 8950, 8950 KO, ad nausium with just slightly higher overclocks of the same card... it wouldnt suprise me. thats pretty much what they did w/ the 7900.

on a side note... hurray for riva tuner!

cvb724 said:
ya no offense but ur best pc is a p2 333mhz. what do u honestly expect?

i didnt realize u could OC those cards that much, the clocks are about a 75% increase! thats a little crazy. i wonder how high u can get on watercooling as im sure those guys r using phase change systems. its so fricken annoying having to wait this long to build my comp when all these parts r sitting beside me. only ram and mobo left...

Im betting that those guys are using LN2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom