Blue Screen Of Death WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumblebee Tuna

In Runtime
My pc is continually crashing after the windows splash screen. I get the blue screen of death and shuts down, I don't have any time to read the screen to find out the error codes I'm getting. Is there any way to pause the screen so it won't reboot? This still has to do with my last thread, here's the link.

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130675

I've eliminated the HDD and video card. My only other thought is the motherboard. I used to have a fan on the chipset, but it konked out. So I replaced it with a heat sink. Now if it's on for just a few minutes the heat sink is too hot to touch. Also, I can get into windows through safe mode, but not normal mode, as I said, it crashes just after the splash screen

If anyone cares to know... I got a hold of a pc almost identical to mine. After troubleshooting everything it turned out to be the HDD. So much for WD's diagnostic tools.

You still need to do something about that heat sink. It will just cause more problems down the road. Spend the 10 bucks on a new fan, and your MB will thank you for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom