ATI card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moreira85

Beta member
I am looking to add an ATI card to my desktop so that I can also watch television stations on it. Seems that most of the ATI cards dont have the hook up that your cable wire usually connects to like the back of your T.V. My question is how do you connect the cable wire to your ATI card and does anyone have any recomended cards for the price???

it all depends on what exactly your needs are. You will have to look at some of the differences of the cards. Personally, I would go with a PCI card.

Some cards offer dual tuners so that you can record a show on one channel, and watch another channel at the same time, or record on 2 different channels at the same time.

I will STRONGLY recommend that you get a card that has HARDWARE encoding of MPEG, as opposed to software encoding. An example is that I have an ATI All-in-wonder 9800 in my media PC, and it uses software encoding. If I am surfing the net, or doing something else that uses CPU power, and a show starts to record, the program will usually have video artifacts, or video or audio will cut out for a few seconds at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom