Help to choose grafic card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebodey asked about adding more RAM.
Now I use one stick of PC133 128Mb and two sticks of PC100 64MB.

So, in the cloasest time I'll buy new hard disk (80GB 7200rpm 8Mb buffer), one stick of PC133/100 256Mb RAM, and new video card:)

I'll replace new 256Mb memory stick with one of 64Mb sticks (I have only 3 memory slots). So I'll have 256-64+256=448Mb of RAM:)

And about vid.card: How much memory does GeForce4 TI 200/4200 and GeForce3 TI have? And does the GeForce3 TI is really more preferable than GeForce4 MX?

I also thought, maby it olso good idea to try one of ATI's cards?

Thanks
-AndreiD

By the way, I don't want to spent more then $250 on all these upgades. ($100 for hard disk, $60-$70 for RAM, and the rest $80-$90 goes to vieo card.)

smartech said:
Somebodey asked about adding more RAM.
Now I use one stick of PC133 128Mb and two sticks of PC100 64MB.

So, in the cloasest time I'll buy new hard disk (80GB 7200rpm 8Mb buffer), one stick of PC133/100 256Mb RAM, and new video card:)

I'll replace new 256Mb memory stick with one of 64Mb sticks (I have only 3 memory slots). So I'll have 256-64+256=448Mb of RAM:)

And about vid.card: How much memory does GeForce4 TI 200/4200 and GeForce3 TI have? And does the GeForce3 TI is really more preferable than GeForce4 MX?

Thanks
-AndreiD

Ok, sounds good, the RAM will make an unbelievable change.

As for the video card, the Geforce3 TI should be better than the MX, and as for ATI's cards, im not for sure since I havent tried many of their earlier cards.

Good luck, hope everything goes well! ;)

I hope too! Once I used celleron 433Mhz with 64 Mb RAM only, and when I added 64Mb more, the perfomance improved greatly!!!

smartech said:

Anyone have any more opinions?
Please post.

FINALLY!!!

HI! Few days before I bought new video card, FINALLY!!!
I searched for TI cards a lot of time, but it already out of market (at least, I didn't find anyone). So at the end I bought the ABIT's nVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 MB card, it cost me only 100 $. I also bought new hard drive, Western Digital 80 GB 7200 rpm 8 MB buffer.

So now I can even play Need For Speed Underground, GTA 3, Homeworld 2, Hitman 2, and other games smoothly at highest resolutions!!!

Anyway, It is a Great feeling now, to play Great games on this, pretty old computer!
And thank you all for help!

-AndreiD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom