First build specs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The price for one and there is no need for direct x 10 until atleast a year from now. I may buy it but who knows.

NosBoost300 said:
the price difference is 160 dollars... thats why not 8800...

price difference is less than $100

The X1900xtx cost $361
8800GTS cost $454

Dr DMoney said:
The price for one and there is no need for direct x 10 until atleast a year from now. I may buy it but who knows.

Crysis will be released in the first half of 2007

And anyway the 8800GTS is faster than X1900xtx in DX9 games, so you will not loose any thing if you get 8800GTS

Meithan said:
I'm not sticking my hands into another 8800 discussion :p.

He asked in his first post "is the 8800 series worth it", and I was just answering him

First of your wrong. I am getting a open box item. Second of all the price is $160 differece. Third of all I can't stand people tell what I should buy over an over when I have already made up my mind. Also first generation cards that have dirrect x 10 will go down in price in about 6 months. I hate to tell you this but your wrong. No games really are going to use the power for a while and by that time it would be time to get a card anyway. It isn't up to you to decide. If you want to blow your money on that something that isn't worth the money thats your deal but for me it is with the bang for the buck. And now can someone point me in the dirrection of where to get all the othr things for my 1900xtx. Thanks alot.

i think the graphics card should come with a DVI - VGA adapter... somebody correct me if im wrong. i know mine did at least (7800GT) otherwise they go for like $15 at Microcenter

Dr DMoney said:
First of your wrong. I am getting a open box item. Second of all the price is $160 differece. Third of all I can't stand people tell what I should buy over an over when I have already made up my mind. Also first generation cards that have dirrect x 10 will go down in price in about 6 months. I hate to tell you this but your wrong. No games really are going to use the power for a while and by that time it would be time to get a card anyway. It isn't up to you to decide. If you want to blow your money on that something that isn't worth the money thats your deal but for me it is with the bang for the buck. And now can someone point me in the dirrection of where to get all the othr things for my 1900xtx. Thanks alot.

"Also is the 8800 series worth it" You even asked it. SO you are the one who is wrong. You really shouldn't start a flame war when you are wrong. The price difference is correct on his side if you are comparing 2 BRAND NEW gpu's. I personally would never buy a open box item that expensive but hey it is your money not mine. And yes games are really going to use dx10. Crysis is going to use it and it will be out in less than 6 months. I am not going to tell you to buy the 8800, and never intended to. But if you ask questions dont go thinking you are always right. You really make yourself look like a dumb***.

:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom