Windows XP frozen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben2the4th

In Runtime
I just started downloading Windows XP onto my computer and the installation of drivers screens has stayed up for a whole day. It says installation time of 35 minutes but its been up for hours on the screen. Plus all the animations are still working such as the screens that tell you about the features on the Windows XP. Should I restart the computer? Hopefully not.

if it pauses for more than 20 minutes that most likely means it's frozen. in your case it's definately frozen. yes, try re-booting. i would guess you are stuck on the hardware detection part of the installation. I would also guess you are trying to install winXP on a very old computer. if that sounds right, thats most of the reasons why this is happening

Also, don't worry too much about rebooting during the install of XP, it won't start you off from the beginning, it remembers where you left off.

I tried installing it over and over again but each time it freezes at Installing Windows (35 minutes left.) The computer is brand new and has AMD 3200 and 9800 Radeon and much more. Do I have to buy a new CD?

no what you need to do is return that piece of crap back to cyber power or where ever you bought it from......or you could try to figure out why this is happening. it might be because winXP doesn't detect your memory or some device you have. no way to find out except by eliminating each part one at a time to see where the problem comes from. what is the brand and size of your memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom