Graphics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnmcque

Solid State Member
Hi all,
Iv just but medieval total war 2 and now i have to upgrade my graphics card. I need a Nvidia card that has shader 1.1 or more. 256mb or 512mb i think would be best i reckon but im not sure lol. Basically i dont know much about them so can anyone recommend a particular model (links if possible). Oh its agp 8x too.

Thnx a bunch

John

Yeh srry i mean to put that in probably around up to a £100. Iv got some ideas on which are the best/ most expensive but if anyones got an actually oppinion about wats the best. Eg i go on the nvidia site and some that are listed as mainstream cards on there other sites list as gaming cards ect. I was think about goin budget and gettin a geforce 6200 i think it was for 55 pounds

I really had no idea what this game was 'til I read this thread and I did some research... This game has pretty high requirements, since it does have 3d scenes with up to 2000 characters.

I'd say you should have atleast a 256MB ATI Radeon X700Pro video card, and 1 GB of RAM if you want to run the game decent. This still won't get you max settings, of course, but it should make you happy.

What are the specs of the rest of you system?

I am thinking the rest of your system might not be up to par either, if the GPU isn't shader 1.1 or higher, as that was DirectX 8.0.... around GeForce 3/4 series.

I see from a previous post that you are using a GeForce4 MX 4000, but it was never established if it is PCI or AGP 8x.

You will NEED to find this out BEFORE you purchase a new card, otherwise, you might get a piece of hardware that doesn't work with your system. Open the computer, and look at the video card.... Is it in a slot the same size as the other white PCI slots on the board, or is it in a similar sized BROWN slot that is set more towards the middle of the board?

System requirements 1.5 GHz processor, 512MB RAM, 8x Speed DVD-ROM drive, 11.0 GB of hard disk space, DirectX 9.0c, 128 MB video card, monitor must be able to display 1024x768 resolution or above.

My specs,

Well i know its agp slot x8 deffinetly not pci express. Iv got amd athlon 2600+ which it says is 2.08 ghz, iv got 1 gb of ram. What actually prompted this was the fact that when i load the game it comes up with the message of couldnt find 1.1 pixel shader. I assumed this was just the graphics card so i went on the site and mine is listed without the shader. So i need a new one. Another thing is some cards have ddr2 memory for example is this also a requirment that ur pc have ddr 2??. Sorry for being a fool but im not that up on it lol.

So any help greatly appreciated

That card isn't available in PCI express.... it is just plain vanilla PCI interface or AGP... PCI and PCI express are 2 physically different interfaces.

What is the model of your motherboard, so we can be sure that it is AGP....

Also, the memory type of the video card doesn't matter.

Erm not sure tbh id have to find out , how do you find that info out? It says under device manager, under computer that its a ACPI UNiprocesser pc, dont know if that helps. I know theres a brown slot in there i remeber seeing it last time i opened it. However my current card is in the pci bus slot i think.

Did someone build your PC, or is it an OEM like DELL, or compaq, etc. etc.?

There should be a model number on the motherboard itself somewhere.

Hi , srry i never replied for a while but things changed on the graphics front , iv found my mother board manual and i have definetly got agp x8 support. Myu uncles going to get me a card he has a computer shop, but even so id like to ask how u rate the geforce 7600 i believe its the gt or gs version im not sure which one. Was going to be 6800 GT but there outta stock. So any oppnions on the 7600 , its too late now anyways lol iv ordered it but even so.

Thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom