Well, here's my computer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump? Hit the second page :)

Also, for an LCD monitor, what manufacturer do I want it from? Who's good for monitors?

Me too :D Thanks :p

I just hope everything works right, all the parts. If someone can confirm that, that'd be great. I already checked it myself.

Like I said, which LCD monitor manufacturer is best? This is for gaming now, and I'm looking to keep the price low.. about $100-150ish?

Ouch, you won't find a quality monitor for that much. :s

Anyway, Samsung, ViewSonic, Dell (UltraSharp line), and Acer make good monitors.

If you can afford it, go for this. The contrast ratio is fantastic for the response time. (Albeit it's gray-to-gray, but it'll add just a few more milliseconds for black-to-black)

that's kind of tall, I don't want to have to look up that high to see it, because if im gaming for a long period of time then my neck would start to hurt..

I don't want a 1.86 GHz processor, obviously, it won't run as fast. I am using this for gaming, I need all the power I can get for a decent price, and the processor I have is good I think. I saw the E6300, but like I said, I want a 2.4 GHz processor instead of a 1.86 GHz one.

I think I'll have to buy an aftermarket Heat Sink as well.

Ephexx793 said:
that's kind of tall, I don't want to have to look up that high to see it, because if im gaming for a long period of time then my neck would start to hurt..
Its height is adjustable.

Ephexx793 said:
I don't want a 1.86 GHz processor, obviously, it won't run as fast. I am using this for gaming, I need all the power I can get for a decent price, and the processor I have is good I think.
GHz aren't everything, the E6300 is a great processor.

Ephexx793 said:
I don't want a 1.86 GHz processor, obviously, it won't run as fast. I am using this for gaming, I need all the power I can get for a decent price, and the processor I have is good I think. I saw the E6300, but like I said, I want a 2.4 GHz processor instead of a 1.86 GHz one.

I think I'll have to buy an aftermarket Heat Sink as well.

Exactly... as you said, "I need all the power I can get for a decent price." This would be why the E6300 or E6400 would be a best option for you, as they have very good overclock potential. You should read this article before you buy, since you are pretty much wanting bang for your buck.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/10/10/cheap_thrills/

Well.. I'm stuck here..

Listen, I want to have a computer that will be good for gaming, and not a piece of crap. But, I don't know if I can build a computer at this age, simply because I don't have money coming in monthly, aka having a Job, and I do not know 100% everything I need to in order to build a computer I think..

My mom has suggested that I just buy one, because I have around $450 right now, and for Christmas I'll probably be getting around $500 or so, and that would bump me to $1k..

Can anyone give me a site that will allow me to buy/ customize a computer GOOD for gaming? I don't want the latest and the greatest, but something that will last me around 2-3 years, good for gaming in games such as BF2, CS, and America's Army.

I looked at dell.com, but they just cost too much for the hardware, more than i'm willing to spend. Alienware is OUT of the question, they are such a rip off, that's just over priced hardware.. I don't want an HP..

I will go with Dell, or some other good company, but I can't think of any right now!

someone please help..

Also, is the E6300 good for gaming? Will it last me a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom