Graphics Card Choice???

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing about sli or crossfire setups, you will be able to go at higher resolutions and be able to go higher AA.

That alone does not mean much to some people who can get the same framrates as sli, or close to the same....just at lower resolutions and not as much AA.

For the people who have sli or crossfire....All I can say is 'Enjoy the eye candy"

Even if SLI'ing is cheaper in that case... Wouldn't you pay for it in power consumption and the fact you probably have to buy a bigger power supply?

WorldIndustries said:
Even if SLI'ing is cheaper in that case... Wouldn't you pay for it in power consumption and the fact you probably have to buy a bigger power supply?

I think this is a very good point. Still, SLI might be able to pull it. But personally I believe SLI is more for bragging rights than anything else.

Honestly, I believe video card performance usually matches the price very closely. So spending more money usually reflects in a proportional gain in performance.

As I've said, the 8800 is a monster. I wouldn't spend $600 on a video card, but that's me. In my opinion getting top-of-the-line products is usually a bad idea, as they tend to be less cost-effective than high-end or mid-range products.

WorldIndustries said:

Bigger Power Supply? Read up.

As for power consumption; You aren't running a videocard at absolute max load 24/7, the Idle power consumption will cost you a couple of bucks more a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom