Bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Astroman

Baseband Member
Well, I installed some soft, and then on boot up I get a BSOD. It happens just be4 login. In fact, the BSOD mentions the log on screen (as what's failed). I didn't create an ASR floppy to recover from.

What are my options? Do I have to format and start from 0 ?

I tried booting into safe mode and Last Know working config, they both give me the BSOD.

The BSOD is:

STOP: C000021a {System Fatal Error}

The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of

f 0x80000004 (0x00000000 0x00000000)

The system has been shut down.

I tried doing a repair with the XP disc, but it just gives me a command prompt, which I don't know how to use (to fix XP).

Not the recovery cosnole.

Go as if your were installining windows then when it detects a previous installation it will prompt you. Then hit R for repair.

for the recovery console, you'd type the number that's beside x: c:/windows (X=1 or 2 or 3 etc.) Certain XP discs, (like OEM's) don't allow you to run a repair on the OS, They'll just reformat your HD and you'll lose everything. In this case I'd use the recovery console. After typing in the number for your windows drive, you have to type in the Admininstrators password. If it's blank, then leave it blank, (Although I don't recommend leaving your admin password blank). Then at the prompt, all you need to do is type chkdsk /r Then it'll run through your OS and repair errors it finds. Note that this does not repair all errors. It'll tell you if your OS is corrupt. Then really all you can do is reinstall. The chkdsk also takes a while to do, so go have a coffee somewhere while it's running.

Thats not true. My Disc is OEM. Ive done repairs with it...
Not to mention other PC's Ive used OEMs on...
What are you talking about?

I don't know what he's talking about but OEM are exactly the same as retail. Only difference is u dont get a shiny box for 150 extra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom