Any AMD's 800fsb processors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux1880

In Runtime
I am just wondering how come AMD's faster than intel when non of the Athalon XP's (best of AMD 32 bits) processors have 800FSB.

How AMD is faster?

Athlon XP aren't faster than P4's.....AMD64's are mostly because they have an onboard memory controller which mean the FSB is basicly as fast as teh processor itself:confused:

Plus, AMD's are much more efficient than P4's making better use of a shorter pipeline and thus being able to run at lower clock speeds. The P4 needs to be fast to make it's longer pipeline work:confused:

The Merlin said:
Athlon XP aren't faster than P4's.....AMD64's are mostly because they have an onboard memory controller which mean the FSB is basicly as fast as teh processor itself:confused:

Plus, AMD's are much more efficient than P4's making better use of a shorter pipeline and thus being able to run at lower clock speeds. The P4 needs to be fast to make it's longer pipeline work:confused:

dont forget the amount of heat produced by you beloved athlons

rajunpl said:
So that means AMD is slower than pentium. I was in illusion.

No, not quite......Athlon XP's aren't as good as the P4's when you get the P4's to around 2.8ghz, because from there the speed of the P4 can make excellent use of the longer pipeline.

The AMD64 however with it's onboard memory controller is far superior to the P4's currently and are looking to maintain that lead for atleast another 18 monthes or so:confused:

My rule of thumb: Celeron < Athlon XP < P4 < AMD 64;)

Athlon XP are very good CPU's if your on a budget and can't afford the higher clocked P4's:D

as far as I've seen, if you take equivalently priced AMD and Intel processors, I find that the AMD is faster, and in the end, isn't it all about price :confused:

Ive seen alot of computers and Ive never seen much difference in the performance of AMDs Vs Intels

If your using desktop programs then just go with the intel wth hyperthreading

If your going for games, dont worry about the processor, worry about the video card

Ive seen P3s with top notch cards(The best you can get with P3s) beat P4s with sucky cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom