Graphics Card Choice???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Graphics Card Choice???

TriEclipse said:
Lol, just owned yourself. :D

Totally, hehe. I'm being honest, and I didn't think SLI'd 7900GTs were that good, but it seems there are.

Now, concerning the 8800... Jeez... I'm getting tired of the discussion. It's up to every person to decide whether spending $600, or even $1200, on a video card. Is the card worth it? Yes, it's a beast. Is $600 a lot of money for a video card? Yes, it is.

I also didn't mean that comment in any insulting way, Meithan. I was just literally laughing at how you were correcting yourself in every step of your post. :D

No offense taken whatsoever, TriEclipse. I was correcting myself in every step of my post, hehe :).

Wow, thank you so much for the great input guys. I do see the point of getting 1 gtx then another when the price drops because i won't max out the one for now. And I also understand that something better is always 2-3 months away. That is what I love about pc gaming.... :) Again, thank you for the great feedback!!

And btw, when I first got the 2 7900gt's I benchmarked them against the rad x1900xtx and they smoked it. I posted that and everyone said duh, of course they did (search my old posts). So everyone made me feel dumb then for not knowing that. FYI.

waytoosmall said:
Wow, thank you so much for the great input guys. I do see the point of getting 1 gtx then another when the price drops because i won't max out the one for now. And I also understand that something better is always 2-3 months away. That is what I love about pc gaming.... :) Again, thank you for the great feedback!!

So when all the non-idiotic people tell you to go ahead and get a Dual 8800GTX system, you ignore them and take the wrong advice?

You wanted to get a SLI 8800GTX system. We said, go ahead and get it, since it will give you amazing performance.

And then you go and say, "Thanks for the advice guys! Because of you guys, I decided to go with just one of them!"

That kind of leaves us rolling out eyes. Kinda like this - :rolleyes:

TriEclipse said:

Those benchmarks are useless to most of us because they favor SLI. Most of the people on this forum donÂ’t game at 2500x1600. The high resolution gaming is what SLI was made for so of course it will outperform a single card by allot. IÂ’d like to see the same benchmarks on a more standard gaming resolution and see how much the performance gains would be. Remember, two cards would need to be ATLEAST a 100% gain in performance to give you the same $/FPS. SLI is amazing technology, but to me, itÂ’s not worth the price tag.

Yes, to YOU, its not worth the price tag. But for someone who is willing to spend $1200 on videocards, and can afford to do so, 80% increase in performance is absolutely amazing. There is also no other way possible to get that kind of performance. 180% performance for 200% price is still amazing value, even for SLI.

As for lower resolutions; SLI still increases performance at lower resolutions buddy. If you knew how it worked, you wouldn't doubt that for a second. Go to the links and scroll down, there is a chart showing the FPS at different resolutions, the lowest of them being 1600x1200. Still a 71% performance increase at 1600x1200 in Oblivion (I only bothered checking one of them).

And if you can afford to buy 2, or even 1 8800GTX, then I would assume that you also own a decent monitor that will let you game at 2560x1600. If you don't, then you most likely cannot afford an 8800GTX in the first place.

I already stated that “to me, it’s not worth the price tag” so you don’t have to restate that. Also you stated, “SLI still increases performance at lower resolutions buddy”, when did I ever say that there was no performance gains at lower resolutions? Let me check… oh wait… I never said anything about that. I said “I’d like to see the same benchmarks on a more standard gaming resolution and see how much the performance gains would be”. Another one of you statement said, “There is also no other way possible to get that kind of performance. 180% performance for 200%” This is only true in high end graphics situations. I can buy a piece of crap $30 graphics card, then buy a $230 card ($200 more money which you stated is impossible to get that kind of performance without SLI) and I promise I will get more then 180% performance increased. I recommend you read my posts more thoroughly before you comment on them.

Edit: Also I know more people with 8800 series cards without 30inch monitors then with. Of course this doesnÂ’t mean that itÂ’s true in general, but thatÂ’s what IÂ’ve observed in my experiences thus far.

Just shut up, lol. Stop making yourself look like an idiot. And my "you can't get that kind of performance any other way" comment was aimed at the kind of performance you get from Dual 8800GTXs, and was seperate from my comment about 180% performance for 200% price being a great value.

Seems like you need to read posts more thoroughly as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom