PC hanging on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatanOmega

Beta member
Ok, not sure if this is a Hardware or Software issue, but I think it's Hardware. First I'll give my specs.

AMD 64 3700
ABIT KN8 SLI MOBO
2.5 GIGS OF PNY PC2700 333MHZ
1 160GIG SAMSUNG SATA2 HD
1 ULTRA ATA SEAGATE 40 GIG FOR BACKUP
2X PNY 7600 GT CARDS RUNNING IN SLI MODE
ATI TV PRO PCI CARD
BELKIN WIRELESS ADAPTER
HP 18X DVD+R
TOSHIBA 52X CD-R
600W ULTRA V SLI READY PSU

now, i just intalled the powersupply and my second 7600gt card last week at the same time, this is when I started havinf problems. My problem occurs when I power up the PC, sometimes it will get to the windows loading screen, then the screen goes black. Usually this is where I hear my 160gig HD kick in and my desktop loads. For some reason though sometimes it doesn't . I have to power off and on again and that usually corrects the problem. When this occurs I usually have to power on and off again 1 to 2 times. I had no issues like this before I installed the new Hardware. Well thats my dilema, any help would be great.

It sounds something like a windows install problem. Have you tried reinstalling windows, though I know that route would be a drag.

If the HDD doesn't start kicking it maybe it is hardware... Any other problems in windows? Who knows maybe there's a bad sector in the boot partition or something.

Try scanning the HDD for bad sectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom