e-machine repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
Okay well my grandparents e machine t2885 wont tunr on. You poke the power swith and nothing happens. Now the green light on the motherboard comes on wich means the power supply is okay but we swapped it anyway and it still didnt work. Now our next part to rule out is the motherboard.

Do you guys agree that it is the problem?

My dell had that same problem but i ended up throwing away the dell and building another computer.

o well I dont think my grandparents will be doing that any time soon. They are extremely clueless with computers. One of my uncle had to buy this computer for them just do they would see how they liked it.

If the light comes on the motherboard it should be ok, The PSU seems like it would be more likely to be at fault, sounds kind of weird. Do you have another PSU to test out?

ya like I said, I tried another power supply. And i know it is a runner and works. But still no dice, The next thing I tried was to see if the power on switch was bad. So I unplugged the connector and crossed the pins for power on with a swerdriver. that didn't work either. My last resrot is motherboard, Now I know that when you replace a motherboard you should re-install windows. But does an e machine idsc do that or will I have to go out and get a new copy of windows?

lancec2c30 said:
o well I dont think my grandparents will be doing that any time soon. They are extremely clueless with computers. One of my uncle had to buy this computer for them just do they would see how they liked it.

lol ya grandparentz and parentz are the same

I'd think you might have to get a new copy of windows. make absolutely sure that's the problem though before you spend tons of money. I don't think I understand your problem because at the very least the power supply should come on, maybe not get a video feed or something. but no power at all? Even with the mobo light on?

ya the motherboard light comes on when you give power to the system ( plug the power cable into the power supply). But when you try to turn the system on nothing happens, poke the power on switch on the case or cross the to power pins on the motherboard with a screwdriver. And I know it is not the power supply for one; the light works, and two because I put a different power supply in that I know works.

It is either the motherboard or the power pins on the motherboard. I am leaning torwards motherboard failure because I have ruled out everything else that would cause this problem.

Okay, so the mobo turns on? Are you getting power to your HD? Do you hear it working? If not, it must be the mobo, if so, there may just be a loose connection somewhere. Is the monitor plugged in? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom