New memory, New Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbc

Baseband Member
Greeting,
I have decided it is time to upgrade the RAMs, just wondering if I should go for 256*2 or 512*2 since I want to use the dual channel! and which brand will work best with my mobo (a7n8x-e deluxe) I don't hae much cash, just about $150 most $200, any brtand you guys will recommend?

Another upgrade is for my video card, was thinking if I should just went till the x800 come out, and the price drop, I have 9600xt in my mind! But because I don't do much gaming, should I just get a GF4 4600TI instead to save some money?

Thanks for help!

tbc said:
Greeting,
I have decided it is time to upgrade the RAMs, just wondering if I should go for 256*2 or 512*2 since I want to use the dual channel! and which brand will work best with my mobo (a7n8x-e deluxe) I don't hae much cash, just about $150 most $200, any brtand you guys will recommend?

Another upgrade is for my video card, was thinking if I should just went till the x800 come out, and the price drop, I have 9600xt in my mind! But because I don't do much gaming, should I just get a GF4 4600TI instead to save some money?

Thanks for help!

first go to www.crucial.com and see how much RAM your motherboard allows. This should help out with your RAM choice, and as for working on your motherboard, most of that stuff doesnt matter, all you have to do is just put it in the RAM slots, start up your PC, and it should auto-detect the changes.

As for the video card thing, I have the 9600 XT and it is a WONDERFUL card, but since you don't do much gaming, I would definetely recommend getting a cheaper card such as the Ti 4600 that you listed.

Good luck! *thumbs up*

Hmm, well since $150-200 dollars is your total budget, I'd go with the 2x256mb of RAM, because unless you do alot of heavy duty apps you won't be able to see much of a difference between 2x256mb and 2x512mb:confused:

And I would imagine that the Ti4600 would be perfectly fine for light to mdoerate gaming:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom