7600GT or 7900GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNiGHTMaRe89

In Runtime
Im looking at a new vid card, but im in a dilemma.

Either go for that Gigabyte 7600GT Silent Pipe 2 or an eVGA 7600GS. Im not big on pipelines or whatever. I just want something that will run games like BF2, Gun, Condemned, Doom 3, Raven Shield on high settings. And something to get me by a little while after DX10 comes out. I know, naturally people will say the 7600GS, but i'm reading good things about the Gigabyte and want to get work from people on this forum to see if its really that good?

i have a 7600gs and if i could go back in time would have got something better.... Its a decent card but just is not for todays gamer, dont know about the gt but the gs is def for med settings.

an51r said:
i have a 7600gs and if i could go back in time would have got something better.... Its a decent card but just is not for todays gamer, dont know about the gt but the gs is def for med settings.
Thats because the gs is clocked lower than the gt and doesnt perform as good right out of the box like a gt does. Now you can overclock a gs i believe past gt peformance but im not sure.

Hmm that sucks i didnt really know but i thought that it could be clocked higher than a gt o well.

You posted a 7900GS in your title, but are talking about a 7600GS in your post. Which one is it?

If its the 7600GS, then get the 7600GT over it. 7600GS is only a little better than the older 6600GTs, so forget that.

If its the 7900GS, then get it over the 7600GT hands down. It's a much better card and overclocks to 7950GT speeds. It'll last you a lot further into the DX10 arena than a 7600GT will.

it may just be the crap biostar version, I as well heard it could be clocked higher and thats why i bought it but if ur looking for a clocker dont but the biostar version

i meant the 7900GS vs 7600GT...i know the GS wins hands down, but i was just wondering if anyone had experience with that Gigabyte card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom