How do I get my information back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok I have a 120gb maxtor drive. I divided it up into a two partitions: a 29gb partition for windows and important stuff and a 86gb partition for games and stuff like that. Windows ended up getting corrupted and I deleted the 29gb partition but left the 86gb one and make the 29gb a ext3 format instead of ntfs to run ubuntu. I ended switching back to windows and need the information back from the 86gb partition but windows cant see it. The only way to make it visible seems to be to reformat it. What can I do to get the stuff back since its very important.

I deleted the 29gb and made it ntfs so they both are ntfs but I still cant see the 86gb partition but I can see the 29gb.

Most likely you have to mount it or in Windows term "initialize" the partition in disk manager which should be in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management.

Is this partition a primary or extended/logical partition?

Pepsiboy700 said:
It says its logical.

Yea if it has a green line over the light blue partition that would be extended/logical. Windows should recognize it, but you might have to initialize it first.

What option do you get when you right click on that partition? It might just be that Windows didn't assign a drive letter for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom