Graphics Card Choice???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes right ...you guys need to check up on the benchmarks. There is a huge performance gain at high resolutions with SLi.

Alright, I did what you suggested and read this review.

It seems 2x 7900GTs on SLI beat a single 7900GTX by about 20% (average). Now, two eVGA 7900GTs will cost you some $450. A single Asus 7900GTX costs $470. You get 20% more performance in SLI at a slightly lower price.

It seems he's right. The 7900GTX is just too expensive to compete with SLI'd 7900GTs

How about a 7950GX2, though?? It beats a 7900GTX, but maybe not two 7900GTs in SLI. Uhm....

Alright, SLI'd 7900GTs for the win.

Hey dude SLI 8800GTX's are the way to go if you have the money :cool:

Let him do what he wants geez.

Meithan said:
Alright, I did what you suggested and read this review.

It seems 2x 7900GTs on SLI beat a single 7900GTX by about 20% (average). Now, two eVGA 7900GTs will cost you some $450. A single Asus 7900GTX costs $470. You get 20% more performance in SLI at a slightly lower price.

It seems he's right. The 7900GTX is just too expensive to compete with SLI'd 7900GTs

How about a 7950GX2, though?? It beats a 7900GTX, but maybe not two 7900GTs in SLI. Uhm....

Alright, SLI'd 7900GTs for the win.

Lol, just owned yourself. :D

PZEROFGH said:
Hey dude SLI 8800GTX's are the way to go if you have the money :cool:

Let him do what he wants geez.

Exactly what I was going to say. :D

waytoosmall said:
Quick Question, about to buy two 8800gtx. Have not had time to follow the news so should i wait until january? Are there new 8800's on the horizon that will lower the price significantly? Thank you for any help and please link any articles relating to new products comming in the next 2-3 months.

First of all, just promise that you'll post benchmarks from the beast that is SLI'd 8800GTXs when you get it set up. :D

ATi's R600 is supposed to come out in January, but we don't know if its going to be better or not. Nobody knows, so you have to decide; Do you want to buy the 8800GTXs now and risk a better product coming out in 2-3 months, or do you want to wait 2-3 months to see this new product come out, even though it might not be better than what you could've gotten 2-3 months earlier?

Nvidia also has Mid- and Low-range cards in January, with 8900s soon to follow.

sli is still a waste to me

i doubt you will notice the performance increase with 2 gtx's

go with one gtx unless you Have to have sli then go with 2x gts's

^wow i didnt think they made that much of a difference

still seems like a waste to me considering that something new is going to come out here soon thats going to be better then a gtx

By that logic, every piece of hardware you buy is a waste. :rolleyes:

He has the money, and he can afford to buy SLI'd 8800GTXs. Just like someone else can afford to buy a 7600GT. He'll buy the best that he can afford.

mo im saying it would be a waste to spend 1200 bucks on 2 cards when in a couple of months there will be a card for half the price that will perform almost as good as 2 gtx's

its like the people who went quad sli knowing that the g80 was coming out soon and it was going to stomp it for half the price.

idk maybe its me but 1200 bucks is alot of money thats almost how much my whole build costs (counting my new video card im getting for xmas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom