SATA master/ATA slave hard drive help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmm, How are the Optical Drives Connected? I assume on the other EIDE Channel, 1 Set to Master other to Slave.

Switch them Around, Put the New Harddrive on that channel and put your Optical Drives on the other. So in short just switch Ports.
You may have to enable the second EIDE Channel through CMOS Setup.

Alright when i turned on my computer it said DISK Drive DETECTED...and i went into device manager....and its there....now how do i get it to show up on my computer?

and now my disk drives arnt working....? so i guess that port is wrong but now what do i do to get everything working at once. The ports are right next to each other if that helps.

alright how do i do that?....and thanks for helping me, i sware im retarded sometimes Well i know how to get into it...but how do i enable it, where do i havta go into?....and then what am i gunna havta do so my computer will show the new hard drive

It depends on the Motherboard manufacture. However the most common buttons are, F!, F2 Or Delete. You press these buttons at the POST Screen. You then enter the CMOS Setup and look through all the options untill you find one that relates to the Secondary EIDE Adpater.

Well i pressed F2...and go into the settings, but then i couldnt find what i was supposed to be looking for?

Find your manual and Read.. Lol Really, Each motherboard is differen't you have to keep digging.

Also, try updating your motherboard drives through the manufactures website.
You may need to flash your BIOS. But it sounds like either the Adpater port needs to be Enabled through some means or it is damaged and doesn't work at all.

how do u flash your bios? and ummmmmm how do i make the hard drive appear under the my computer set up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom