windows xp installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdcmoon

Baseband Member
Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me i have a problem installing windows xp on my system.

I was downloading torrents one evening and my computer rebooted to a blank screen, it goes through post then goes blank when trying to load off the hard drive.
I have tried accessing windows advanced boot menu but any option on there fails to boot into windows.

I have a windows xp cd which i have used to format my hard drive but when it comes to copying files to the hard drive it will come up with errors around 51% (normally on .swf files). It will say cannot copy and you mst reply.
So i thought i i would try another windows cd (i have 3) but still the same problem.
I have tried 2 different hard drives (full format), 2 different optical drives and 3 xp cd's still the same error.

My system specs are:

Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz 256k cache
1.5gb of ram
MSI motherboard
160gb sata hdd
80gb sata hdd

liteon dvd-rw
benq dvd rom

any help would be great
thanks

moved to "Windows Operating Systems and Software"

my guess is those Windows CD's are copies, with corrupt files (especially since you have 3).
in that case, my suggestion is to get a genuine copy of Windows.

I have a legit copy of windows and the other 2 copies i have borrowed of my friends.

i would first download a diagnostic tool for ur HD, if it comes clean then shove the HD into another computer as a slave and formmat it from there, if it doesn't want to format start deleting folder by folder (this may be a pain but it might work)

tsm said:
ok here's what you need to do:

step 1. : boot up another pc
step 2. : open up IE
step 3. : go on www.google.com
step 4. : search for ' i am a newb and can not install xp'
step 5. : follow the simple steps and away you go.

any problems reply back!!

Cheers

um, you cant really talk about being a newb here because you only have 2 posts

i have tried two different hard drives, im thinking memory as i did get a blue screen.

i have 1.5gb of ram the gig stick i have recently installed i will try just trying my 512mb stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom