New PowerSupply- HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzy

Beta member
I just got a new power supply because my old one was constantly making weird noises and from time to time my graphics card would fail to load.
My old psu was a Sunus Suntek 350ATXE-HP. Because i had just upgraded my video card before the problems started, i figured it was a power usage issue. So i bought a Zumax x3 series ATX12V Ver.2.0 ZU-600W power supply. When connecting the psu i accidently put the extra ATX 4pin mother board connector into a regular 4pin connection port. Now when i try to boot i gett a message saying "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"
I have to much important docs' on my comp and i don't wanna loose them, plus i don't have a disc to boot from. Even when i boot from the bios the same message comes up

WHAT CAN I DO?
Here are the specs to my comp as best as i can remember

motherboard- pc chips M957G V1.0
200GB- HARDDRIVE
INTEL D - PROCESSOR
1GB RAM
XP HOME - OS

help please?

What kind of port did you plug the 4 pin connector in to? Was it on the motherboard, hard drive, graphics card, disc drive...? If it did damage to your motherboard, you should be able to still extract the data off of your hard drive by removing the hard drive and inserting it into another PC. You can test to see if the PC still boots by downloading and burning the Ubuntu (or any other Live CD Linux distro). You can get Ubuntu at www.ubuntu.com and then burn the .iso to a blank CD. Put it in the drive before you boot the PC, and when you do it should boot into the Ubuntu operating system. If not, go into BIOS and change the order of the devices boot.

You may have just scrambled your settings,dont reallyknow for sure. Try checking your boot order in your bios and see if its set to boot from hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom