e6300 $180
g.skill 1gb stick $125
WD 250gb 16mb $75
microsoft comfort curve (keyboard and mouse) $22
samsung 17" lcd 5ms with dvi $200
liteon dvd burner w/light scribe $32
logitech x-230 speakers $32

total $1065...$1118 after shipping :(

I couldn't find the video card you picked out but the evga 7600gt is a great card for the price.
Logitech are known for great speakers for their price....i know i own some :). The x-230 are pretty powerful (ive listened to the x-530 which is the 5.1 version of the x-seireis) and they come with a sub.
Samsungs are know for little to no chance of dead pixels. In fact i wish the monitor i picked out was aviable when i got my monitor. Its cheaper and still has a dvi slot, better contrast, and better reponse time.
Asus are awesome with their mobos.
I picked out a g.skill 1 gb stick cause its cheaper that way and you can get another later for 2gb....best way to go as far as upgrading.

Sry i couldn't get it below 1000 but its kinda hard with everything (computer, monitor, keyboard/mouse, speakers) and tyring to keep it a good mid-high end system ;).
Hope ive helped you out some. :p
Thanks alot man that seems awesome. Its close enough to 1000

So if i buy that, I will have everything i need to get started right, nothings missing. Ill be able to play games right. Well nothing big probably just sometihng like world of warcraft, maybe ^__^ or counter strike. does that video card allow me to do an extended desktop?

by extended desktop...you mean dual monitors? The evga has two ports but one is dvi and the other is vga.

But to have extended desktop.....you need another monitor. I would stick with the build i suggested and when you get like $350 later down the road, you could get another stick of ram and another monitor.

Butif your going to use dvi (dvi is the best since it does all the fitting on the screen for ya :) ) you might want to get a video card with dual dvi ports.

You can either stick with the evga 7600gt i suggested, or if you want the dual div slots then get the xfx 7600gt

You can dual monitor with the evga but having a dvi and a vga is kinda weird cause one auto adjusts for you and the other you have to play around with. I don't know about you but that would get on my nerves, having one monitor prefectly aligned and the other always off by a little but thats just me :p .

In the end its your choice, but you do need two monitors to have a extended desktop.

And this setup would be able to run WoW and CS:S on high settings easy ;)

edit: and yes this is everything you need to emerse yourself in the digital world :p

darkop16, that was a very good build, man. Kudos.

pomx72: that build is a very good one and is everything you need.

As darkop16 mentioned, if what you want is the screen to span two monitors, then of course you'll need to get a second monitor. The XFX 7600GT (I have it) has dual DVI outputs and comes with easy instructions to set up a dual monitor system.

Yeah i know i will need to monitors. I have done it before. But not on my lap top. I did it at school with my teachers. Ill stick with what you suggested it seems great. thanks again

opps...sry we usually never put the OS in the build. I think everyone just assumes you have one with a previous build but since this is your first, then you'll need one.

microsoft xp home w/ vista coupon $90

Or you could learn how to use linux and get a free linux versoin but don't ask me how to use it :p .

Sry bout not including it...hope it doesn't mess you up. I can't really think of something you could downgrade to bring the price down. sry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom