Remote Desktop Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
How do I use Remote Desktop Connection? I want to connect between two computers. Both computers are running on Windows XP. When I type in the IP address of the computer I want to connect to, It doesnt work. Someone please explain all the steps to enable this on both computers. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

alright. you need to right click on the my computer icon and go to properties on the computer you want to CONNECT TO. then under the "remote" tab and check the box that says "I want to allow users to connect remotely to this computer" then look at the name that is under "full computer name" because you can also connect remotely using the computer's name. if you want to change this name, you can change it under the "computer name" tab and click the "change" button. then type in the name you want. also, sometimes you can't connect if you are on a different domain or workgroup. you can also change this the same way.

also, you will be logged off of the computer you want to CONNECT TO, but all your programs will stay running.

RE::

I dont see anything for the Remote Desktop.. The only thing that is under the REMOTE tab is Remote Assistance. There is nothing about Remote Desktop.

RE:

If I install my system with Professional, What are the advantages rather then Home Edition?

Why don't you just use VNC if your on home edition instead of spending more money getting professional edition you can download TightVNC for free and have the same features and even more.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom