LCD TV as a monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whipon

Beta member
Hello ñ____ñ!
I just was wondering if is a good idea to use a LCD TV as the main monitor. I've seen an AOC with a VGA input with a resolution of 1024 X 768 and the image was very nice. But I have my doubts about using it as the only monitor in the PC, such as the response time, and if it can handle the actual gaming requirements.
Another question: VGA or DVI input?.
And the last: I've seen a lot of marks of LCD TVs. Its recomendable buying a popular mark, such as Samsung or Philips?. Or its safe to buy other marks, such as AOC or BLAZE.
Thank you very much.
Whipon.

Yes, but its a good idea?

Thanks for your reply, but, its convenient to use a LCD TV as a PC monitor?. Thank you.
Whipon.

not sure but i went to staples today and got my new 19" lcd and i saw an lcd/tv hooked up to a computer.

If your gaming i'd look research more but if you just want to watch tv and stuff your most likely good.

I want it to...

I'll use it for gaming and watching movies, all from my pc. I don't watch TV, 'cause the local TV is a piece of trash. So my question if its recomendable using it as a pc monitor. I looked in the webm but I can't find any info. The main feature of an LCD TV is the big size. But if it can't handle games like Doom 3, or can't reproduce Divx movies...

AT2005 said:
Make sure your video card has s video output

most new lcds actually have dvi input.

As for using the lcd as a computer monitor, yeah you should be able to run games fine on it, just make sure you have a video card and 1024 is a good resolution to play games at though i prefer 1280.

Cant make DVI work

I bought a 5 meters DVI I cable. But the LCD tv always show a "No signal" message. I can only use the vga output of my Sentey Geforce 7600 GT. Whats wrong?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom